Monday, September 30, 2013

Hope Haven Farm Animal Sanctuary: Meeting Rescued Animals

Today I had the most amazing experience! I was able to spend time at a local farm animal sanctuary called Hope Haven.  I met several pigs, lots of chickens, ducks, a turkey, alpacas, and a pony. This sanctuary is run by a young woman who is a veterinarian. She spends her days practicing at area animal shelters and evenings caring for her rescued bunch at Hope Haven. Looking into the eyes of these creatures, knowing that they were destined for abuse, torture and slaughter, I felt a kinship that can't be put into words. I'm looking forward to helping out as much as I can there.

If you can afford anything at all, please consider sponsoring one of these beautiful creatures. They rely exclusively on donations and can use all the help they can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment